The Freedom From Religion Foundation’s “Freethought Matters” TV show guest the coming Sunday has made it his passion to take on and debunk creationism.
Aron Ra, a former Mormon now an atheist, activist and science educator, is the author of Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism. He has lectured and debated all over the world and has produced hard-hitting YouTube videos about skepticism and atheism, including “Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God” and “How Aron Ra Disproves Noah’s Flood.”
“Creationism isn’t so much a science question,” he explains to “Freethought Matters” co-host Dan Barker. “It’s not really much of a religious question, either. It’s always a political question; it’s always a means of manipulation and motivation and how to get the masses to do what they want.”
If you don’t live in the quarter-plus of the nation where the show broadcasts on Sunday, you can watch the interview on FFRF’s YouTube channel. New shows go up every Thursday. You can also receive notifications when we post new episodes of “Freethought Matters” by subscribing to the playlist on FFRF’s YouTube channel. https://ffrf.us/2LNLmuI
Upcoming shows will feature actor John de Lancie (who portrays “Q” in the new series “Star Trek: Picard”), philosopher Daniel Dennett and best-selling award-winning novelist John Irving (The World According to Garp). This fall season already contains must-see interviews with Texas iconoclast Jim Hightower (who is receiving FFRF’s Clarence Darrow award at its annual convention), leading constitutional abortion rights expert Professor Geoffrey Stone, Professor Anthea Butler and Katherine Stewart, incisive commentators on white Christian nationalism, and atheist Washington Post columnist Kate Cohen.
“Freethought Matters” airs in:
- Chicago, WPWR-CW (Ch. 50), Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Denver, KWGN-CW (Ch. 2), Sundays at 7 a.m.
- Houston, KIAH-CW (Ch. 39), Sundays at 11 a.m.
- Los Angeles, KCOP-MY (Ch. 13), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Madison, Wis., WISC-TV (Ch. 3), Sundays at 11 p.m.
- Minneapolis, WFTC-29, Sundays at 7:30 a.m.
- New York City, WPIX-IND (Ch. 11), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Phoenix, KASW-CW (Ch. 61, or 6 or 1006 for HD), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Portland, Ore., KRCW-CW (Ch. 32), Sundays at 9 a.m. Comcast channel 703 for High Def, or Channel 3.
- Sacramento, KQCA-MY (Ch. 58), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- San Francisco, KICU-IND (Ch. 36), Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Seattle, KONG-IND (Ch. 16 or Ch. 106 on Comcast). Sundays at 8 a.m.
- Washington, D.C., WDCW-CW (Ch. 50 or Ch. 23 or Ch. 3), Sundays at 8 a.m.
You can catch interviews from past seasons here, including with Gloria Steinem, Ron Reagan, Julia Sweeney and Reps. Jared Huffman, Jamie Raskin, Hank Johnson and Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Please tune in to “Freethought Matters” . . . because freethought matters.
P.S. Please tune in or record according to the times given above regardless of what is listed in your TV guide (it may be listed simply as “paid programming” or even be misidentified). To set up an automatic weekly recording, try taping manually by time or channel. And spread the word to freethinking friends, family or colleagues about a TV show, finally, that is dedicated to providing programming for freethinkers — your antidote to religion on Sunday morning!