An outspoken atheist and accomplished dancer who is also the scion of a famous family is the guest on the Freedom From Religion Foundation’s “Freethought Matters” TV show this Sunday.
Ron Reagan is, of course, the son of Nancy and President Ronald Reagan. He’s had a dancing career, including at the Joffrey Ballet. And Ron has worked as a broadcast and print journalist and TV and radio commentator. Ron has been a near lifelong atheist and has most graciously endorsed FFRF in a now famous TV ad. With the historic first-time airing of the commercial on “60 Minutes,” concluding with the Sunday, Feb. 6 broadcast, “Freethought Matters” is reprising its interview with the always refreshing, candid and quotable star of that ad.
“Ask yourself: If you’re a Christian, are you afraid of burning in a Muslim hell? I bet you’re not a bit,” he explains to “Freethought Matters” co-hosts Dan Barker and Annie Laurie Gaylor why he uttered the famous phrase “not afraid of burning in hell” that he ends his classic FFRF ad with. “And the Muslims aren’t worried about burning in your hell, either. And the Hindus aren’t worrying about burning in your hell, and you're not worried about burning in their multiple hells also. So I just go one hell further.”
If you don’t live in the quarter-plus viewership of the nation where the show broadcasts on Sunday, you can already catch the interview on the “Freethought Matters” playlist on FFRF’s YouTube channel. New shows go up every Thursday. You can also receive notifications when we post new episodes of “Freethought Matters” by subscribing to FFRF’s YouTube channel.
“Freethought Matters” airs in:
- Chicago, WPWR-CW (Ch. 50), Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Denver, KWGN-CW (Ch. 2), Sundays at 7 a.m.
- Houston, KIAH-CW (Ch. 39), Sundays at 11 a.m.
- Los Angeles, KCOP-MY (Ch. 13), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Madison, Wis., WISC-TV (Ch. 3), Sundays at 11 p.m.
- Minneapolis, KSTC-IND (Ch. 45, Digital Channel 5.5), Sundays at 9:30 a.m. (Digital channel 5.2 has been dropped.)
- New York City, WPIX-IND (Ch. 11), Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Phoenix, KASW-CW (Ch. 61, or 6 or 1006 for HD), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Portland, Ore., KRCW-CW (Ch. 32), Sundays at 9 a.m. Comcast channel 703 for High Def, or Channel 3.
- Sacramento, KQCA-MY (Ch. 58), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- San Francisco, KICU-IND (Ch. 36), Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Seattle, KONG-IND (Ch. 16 or Ch. 106 on Comcast). Sundays at 8 a.m.
- Washington, D.C., WDCW-CW (Ch. 50 or Ch. 23 or Ch. 3), Sundays at 8 a.m.
“Freethought Matters” is now in its sixth season. To watch earlier shows, including an interview with freethinker and feminist icon Gloria Steinem, visit the “Freethought Matters” playlist on FFRF’s YouTube Channel. Coming up is an interview with Wisconsin state Sen. Kelda Roys, an out atheist holding public office.
Please tune in to “Freethought Matters” . . . because freethought matters.
P.S. Please tune in or record according to the times given above regardless of what is listed in your TV guide (it may be listed simply as “paid programming” or even be misidentified). To set up an automatic weekly recording, try taping manually by time or channel. And spread the word to freethinking friends, family or colleagues about a TV show, finally, that is dedicated to providing programming for freethinkers!