The Freedom for Religion Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, (“Foundation” or “FFRF”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or which you may provide when you visit the website, ffrf.org ("Website"), and our mobile applications, and our social media platform sites (collectively, “Services”). It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. It applies to information we collect from the Services, and email, texts, and other electronic messages between you and the Foundation.
Information we collect and how we use it.
“Personal Information” is information which you voluntarily provide to us by filling in forms, becoming a member of the Foundation, donating to the Foundation, or submitting posts, texts, or user contributions on any of the Services. It includes:
- Your full name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address, phone number and any other information that can be used to identify or contact you.
- Payment and transactional data, that you provide needed to complete your orders on the Services (including name, credit card information, billing and shipping information), information about your payment transactions, and your order history.
- Your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications.
- Information you provide when you interact with us on our social media platforms. If you choose to log in to the Services through a social network or other third party platform, or otherwise connect your account on a third party platform to your account through the Services, we may collect information about you from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, email address and other contact information. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information through the third party platform.
Use of Personal Information. FFRF uses the Personal Information to provide users with the requested services or products. FFRF may also use the Personal Information to contact you for a variety of other reasons, such as but not limited to notifying you by email about FFRF in the News, Action Alerts, events in your area, or requesting donations.
Disclosure of Personal Information. FFRF may disclose Personal Information to third parties under certain limited circumstances:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- If FFRF is acquired by or merged into another entity, or all or a portion of FFRF’s assets are sold or otherwise transferred to another entity.
- If required or authorized to do so by law.
- While member lists may be exchanged between FFRF and its affiliated entity, FFRF Action Fund, member lists will never be sold, rented, exchanged, or divulged to any other third party other than as stated above other than as stated above.
Use of Non-Personal Information. This technology is used to track how many users access the Website, the date and time of their visits, the length of their stays, and which pages they view. FFRF may also use technology to determine which web browsers users use and the address from which they accessed the Website.
Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. FFRF may use this Non-Personal Information and may share it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of the FFRF Website, to better understand our members and prospective members, and to improve our products and services.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal and Non-Personal Information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. We will respond to verifiable requests received from consumers from these states as required by law.
Security Measures. FFRF uses industry standard security measures to protect Personal Information. All Information collected through end-user input forms, such as the membership sign-up, goes through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL establishes an encrypted link between the browser and FFRF's web server, rather than sending the Information in plain text, so that those Information are not vulnerable to being intercepted and used by an attacker. The Website also has a web application firewall, including the administrative portion of the site. This helps prevent the site from being hacked and allowing hackers to gain access to users' personal information. All credit card information is transmitted directly to the payment processor and not stored by FFRF in any way. While FFRF works diligently to protect your Information, and while such security measures provide reasonable protections against unauthorized access, they provide no absolute guarantee that your Personal Information will not be compromised, for example, due to an illegal hacking attempt.