Fourth-floor Addition (5 stories including lower level). Our cramped, crowded office will quadruple in space. (And, “hallejulah,” more than triple washrooms!). The mostly brick 4-story addition includes generous windows and:
• Auditorium (entire 4th floor) for freethought functions. Meeting space for about 150, including stage, AV accoutrements, high ceiling and chandelier, catering kitchenette and balconies.
• Roomy Studio for radio and TV recordings, broadcasts plus offices for future growth (3rd floor).
• Second-floor legal wing for our marvelously productive, growing legal department. The legal wing will provide offices, ample overflow, law library/boardroom and legal archives.
• An elegant 2-story lobby with security features will lead to additional administrative offices in the addition’s 1st floor. A portrait of Anne Gaylor, 86, will hang in the lobby.
• Busy clerical staff will enjoy a large, convenient mailing/shipping area in a well-lit, exposed lower level. We’ll more than double storage space (one of FFRF’s most intractable problems).
PHASE II: A third story beautiful library atop our original 2-story building, crowned with a charming cupola with windows on three sides — a historic nod, restoring an original feature to our 1855 building, one of the oldest in the city. The graceful 3rd floor library will have room for our 2,700 books plus new acquisitions. A spiral staircase will lead visitors to the cupola, providing a unique view of the Capitol (that’s a big deal here in Madison), large enough for 5-6 to meet or lunch in. We can’t wait — after nearly three years of stumbling blocks and delays — to move in!
Special Sponsoring Opportunities
Top Building Fund donors will be recognized in the lobby on a magnificent 14-foot floor-to-ceiling “silver” wall. Other major donors ($5,000+) will be inscribed prominently on an impressive lobby plaque. Small personalized handcrafted tiles in the vestibule and paving stones for the patio may be additionally acquired for a donation. (Please see enclosed brochure for visuals and details, while spaces last.)
Top donors may choose “Naming rights” for the Auditorium, Library, Legal Wing, Courtyard/
Garden Patio, Cupola and Studio. (Shows will “broadcast from the ‘Your Name Here’ Studio.”) Should a “secular angel” so “bless” FFRF with a baby grand piano for the auditorium stage, there will be a plaque affixed to it, among other sponsoring opportunities. Please phone us if you have any questions or for more details on “naming rights.” All donations will be recorded in a keepsake book. Let us know if you give permission to publish your name in our running tally in Freethought Today by checking the box on the donation slip or online: